Ametco® stocks Carbon steel, Stainless steel, and Aluminum expanded metal in both standard and flattened styles. We carry expanded metal catwalk and expanded metal structural grade grating made of carbon steel ranging from 2.5 to 7.0 lbs. per sq. ft.
For more information about the structural ratings on our expanded metal grating, call Ametco's sales department and ask for our load/deflection tables. Ametco® can shear your expanded metal sheets to finished size, cutting down on waste, time and expense on your next project.
- Style Dimension - Nominal dimension Short Way of Design (SWD).
- Design Size - Actual dimension SWD and LWD. Measured
from a point to a corresponding point on the following design.
- (SWO) Short Way of Opening. (LWO) Long Way of Opening.
- Strands - The sides of the expanded metal design.
- Strand Thickness - Gauge thickness of metal expanded.
- Strand Width - Amount of metal fed under dies to produce
Bond: Where two strands intersect. Eliminates prongs or jagged edges.
Tolerance: Minus 0 plus 1/2 the design size, either SWD or LWD.
Special bond tolerances on meshes of 1/4" and under.
Random: This type of shearing leaves prongs or jagged edges.
Tolerance: ±1/16". On grating ±1/8".
When specifying Expanded Metal, give complete specification to avoid possible error. SWD always given before LWD.
Example: 1/2" No. 18 Carbon Steel Diamond Pattern
4' SWD x 8' LWD.
Click here for Expanded Metal styles.
Click here for Expanded Metal grating styles.